CMSX voting is open. Lots of candidates this year and I admit I have a hard time voting (again). There are some aspects of the game that I don’t really know enough about … at least not enough to make an informed choice as to which path would be the best one. Some of them sound like a candy in short-term , but I suspect rotten teeth in long-term. So, with those I’ll go with the gut feeling. The ones that I know (or know about and like what they do/did/done) would be the following :
- Steve Ronuken – API 3rd party software input. I develop my own EVE tools and he knows exactly which problems to address here.
- Corbexx – Wormhole guy. This is a part of EVE that I didn’t try yet, but have plans to do at some point in the future. And his vision mostly overlaps with what I envision a wormhole mechanics (life) should be like.
- Corebloodbrothers – Local Provi pilot and regional skirmishes vs. big battles in null supporter.
- Sugar Kyle – a workhorse with good ideas all around. I know her focus is low sec , to which I have no real opinion except ‘like , maybe’ (huh, indeed) , but there is the new player experience field (and several more) , for which she deserves re-election. Not to mention the only candidate that at least wrote “Exploration” , albeit only in passing. Edit : I stand corrected. Thanks, D.
- Chance Ravinne – I cannot help not liking this guy. I still think he’s a snide little fucker (endearing term in my book) , but his approach and fervor is infectious. He’ll stir up stale waters for sure.
Now off to read up some more & hopefully I’ll have missing 9 people by the evening.
Edit : In the end, after confusing myself and a couple of people with my interpretations , I voted only for my shortlist. With Sugar moved to #1. Steve doesn’t have a real competition in his field of expertise , so a second place should not hurt him. If it does, I wow here , before my 2 readers , that I’ll delete last 3 revisions of my tools source code.